I really enjoyed your crit today. The lighting in all of these photographs is really something worth noting and makes them stand out among others in the class. Also, your blurred motion picture turned out really great and coincidentally formed a successful composition spatially and with darks and lights.
My favorite image of yours, and most inspiring, is the second to last. (With the shirt hanging from the tree) Josh somewhat touched on the idea of storytelling when you presented this image, which is something I had completely forgot about. Your entire compilation this week goes along with the idea of images telling a story not just depicting what you see beyond the lens. Back to the image, you also incorporated the rule of thirds into it. This adds a unique framing effect and really adds emphasis on the shirt. Your image provokes thought and is more than just something to look at.
Jennifer, I really enjoy the story behind your portrayal of the urban landscape. It gives me the sense of a haunting emptiness and it is evoked throughout several of your images. I really enjoy the subtle light that exudes from your photographs; it gives them a soft quality that reinforces the sense that I get from them. The composition of your buildings paired with the natural landscape of the images also gives way to an ephemeral quality that makes your work stand out. I really look forward to seeing your work progress throughout this semester.
Your use of lighting in the landscape photos was great! It added an extra element of interest to what could otherwise be a not-so-interesting photo. My favorite, and I said this in class, is the blurred motion photo that you took just outside of the Hub. Very interesting! Great job, you showed in your photos that you understood the assignment.
I really enjoyed your crit today. The lighting in all of these photographs is really something worth noting and makes them stand out among others in the class. Also, your blurred motion picture turned out really great and coincidentally formed a successful composition spatially and with darks and lights.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite image of yours, and most inspiring, is the second to last. (With the shirt hanging from the tree) Josh somewhat touched on the idea of storytelling when you presented this image, which is something I had completely forgot about. Your entire compilation this week goes along with the idea of images telling a story not just depicting what you see beyond the lens. Back to the image, you also incorporated the rule of thirds into it. This adds a unique framing effect and really adds emphasis on the shirt. Your image provokes thought and is more than just something to look at.
ReplyDeleteJennifer, I really enjoy the story behind your portrayal of the urban landscape. It gives me the sense of a haunting emptiness and it is evoked throughout several of your images. I really enjoy the subtle light that exudes from your photographs; it gives them a soft quality that reinforces the sense that I get from them. The composition of your buildings paired with the natural landscape of the images also gives way to an ephemeral quality that makes your work stand out. I really look forward to seeing your work progress throughout this semester.
ReplyDeleteYour use of lighting in the landscape photos was great! It added an extra element of interest to what could otherwise be a not-so-interesting photo. My favorite, and I said this in class, is the blurred motion photo that you took just outside of the Hub. Very interesting! Great job, you showed in your photos that you understood the assignment.
ReplyDelete