I think the second one down shows a really interesting play of light with water. The subject matter could also be one to compare with south Florida maybe with sea turtles in salt water. I think the fifth one down could use a wider tonal range with a little more contrast. Also I believe your landscape shots are the most striking.
Your pictures are wonderful in compositions and tonal value. You took advantage of lines within the frame. The fourth image has an overall balance to it by compensating the many horizontal lines created by the shoreline, trees, and sky with the inclusion of the pavilion and row of boats. The moderate contrast between each segment of the picture also brings the elements together. The seventh image with the sign popping out of the water works really well as the gradient of the water is balanced by the stark contrast and geometric shape of the sign. Nice minimalist shot. The fifth image is perhaps my favorite. Similar approach to unite the sky and body of water together but this time using the people and clouds. They look like they reflect one another but exist in their own little world. Perhaps you can take more shots of people, whether as portraits or in the moment, to help with your theme to depict North and South Florida. People as well as the landscape can say a lot about the area so this may work to your advantage whenever you are shooting. Right now excellent work on showing the aquatic side of North Florida. I can't wait to see pictures that represents South Florida!
I like your third photo. It demonstrates great tonal range, and I like the great depth of field here. It really shows the detail in the structure and some in the background. I also the the photo with the sign reflected in the water. The reflection adds to the photo as an added element of interest. Well done.
I think the second one down shows a really interesting play of light with water. The subject matter could also be one to compare with south Florida maybe with sea turtles in salt water. I think the fifth one down could use a wider tonal range with a little more contrast. Also I believe your landscape shots are the most striking.
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are wonderful in compositions and tonal value. You took advantage of lines within the frame. The fourth image has an overall balance to it by compensating the many horizontal lines created by the shoreline, trees, and sky with the inclusion of the pavilion and row of boats. The moderate contrast between each segment of the picture also brings the elements together. The seventh image with the sign popping out of the water works really well as the gradient of the water is balanced by the stark contrast and geometric shape of the sign. Nice minimalist shot. The fifth image is perhaps my favorite. Similar approach to unite the sky and body of water together but this time using the people and clouds. They look like they reflect one another but exist in their own little world. Perhaps you can take more shots of people, whether as portraits or in the moment, to help with your theme to depict North and South Florida. People as well as the landscape can say a lot about the area so this may work to your advantage whenever you are shooting. Right now excellent work on showing the aquatic side of North Florida. I can't wait to see pictures that represents South Florida!
ReplyDeleteI like your third photo. It demonstrates great tonal range, and I like the great depth of field here. It really shows the detail in the structure and some in the background. I also the the photo with the sign reflected in the water. The reflection adds to the photo as an added element of interest. Well done.
ReplyDelete